This blog is now on permanent hiatus, but here's an archive of all the amazing artists and illustrators that filled out my scribble sheet over the last eight years. Thanks for visiting!
You can find me here now: www.lisacurrie.com

Loosen Up


Today's scribbler is Kinrisu and I love this chick! In art school we had to do abstract collages with ripped paper and I never got the hang of it. My teacher told me to "loosen up" (he had a ponytail) but see, I'm the kind of human that spends my last $10 on neat plastic binders rather than groceries, so I was probably always destined for mediocrity in that class. Now I live vicariously through artists looser than I could ever be! Such as Kinrisu. She's one of my favourites. Certain ponytailed art teachers might call her drawings "mmm, good" while nodding their head in that semi-impressed way. Me? I go OHH! COOL! and clap my hands like a happy baby. Or a well-trained seal. More here and here!